Fetal/Neonatal Effects of Psychotropic Drugs, Dec. 2009 (PL2)
Omphalocoele, March 2009 (PL-2)
Surfactant, March 2009 (PL-2)
PPHN, February 2009 (PL-2)
PPHN April 2007 (PL-1)
Source and copyright:Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
01. physical examination of the newborn.
02. Estimation of gestational age …
03. Physiology of. organ adaptation. after birth.
04. Postnatal adaptation 05. Fetal circulation
06. Neonatal circulation
07. Characteristics of hemodynamics
08. Characteristics of lung function
09. Kidney development
Newborn and infant murmurs
Newborn and Infants Murmurs ….
No adverse physiology.
VSD, small to moderate. PDA, small to moderate.
ASD. Coarctation of aorta, … balloon dilation.
Common Disorders and Management in NewbornPhysiology
– RBCs have shortened life span.
– Erythrocyte precursors degrade post birth ….
—Train birth attendants to identify problems in the newborn, …
Distinguishing Characteristics of Neonatal Physiology.
High oxygen consumption;
Dependence on heart rate to maintain CO and BP;
Large extracellular fluid …