1. Congratulations on achieving such an amazing feat. Tell us a bit about yourself. Please also tell us your individual marks in each subject.
Shiamak Cooper- currently in KEM
2. So, when all of this is new and the rest of us are still busy figuring the head and tail of the subject, how did you tackle and master the syllabus?
Go slowly and steadily … but being regular is the key
3. Did you have a set schedule, a time table that you stuck to? What were the daily hours that you put in self study ?
No set time table .., but revising what we were taught the same day or the next is very important … I never put any reference like I have to study 10 hrs or 12 hrs … I just used to set a target and finish that …. irrespective of the time that it took
4. Do you have any special pointers for specific subjects? The do’s and don’ts of it?
Physics : solving as many problems as you can..
Chemistry : stick to the professors … and GTB
Biology : GTB is bible
4. How vital is the Question bank during exams? Does it come highly recommended or you advice thorough reading of the text and having confound knowledge of the subject?
Everyone is different .. some just need a thorough knowledge of the subject and they can crack almost any sum…. whereas some need to practice question banks to get a hang of it … one needs to find out for on his own where he belongs
5. How do you propose the students study and what kind of discipline should be followed during exam time?
Too much revision and burning the mid night lamp is not advisable
6. So, do you have any parting thoughts? Like disclosing that secret mantra that you chanted or that special brand of energy drink you savored? Just seriously though..anything at all?
Be chilled … don’t take tension … watch tv .. play .. read a book if you wanna .. any extra curricular .. or just something to give you a break from the monotony