1.Congratulations on achieving such an amazing feat. Tell us a bit about yourself. Please also tell us your individual marks in each subject.
1. I am Rashida Jawadwala from Mumbai doing my MBBS from Indira Gandhi Govt Medical College,
2.So, when all of this is new and the rest of us are still busy figuring the head and tail of the subject, how did you tackle and master the syllabus?
2. Initially it was overwhelming for me as well, then I focused on staying abreast with what was going
on in the class and understanding the topic.
3.Did you have a set schedule, a time table that you stuck to? What were the daily hours that you put in self study ?
3. Yes I did fixed schedule. I tried to tackle two subjects in a day and put in a 6 hrs a day at a maximum.
4.Did you have a different methodology of tackling the subjects? Any special notes that you prepared?
4. For Anatomy, diagrams helped a lot and for Physiology flow charts helped in understanding the
sequence of events and recollection became easier.
5.Do you have any special pointers for specific subjects? The do’s and don’ts of it?
5. I tried not to neglect biochemistry as it tends overlooked generally.
6.Was there any help that you acquired while exam preparation? Like any visual aids any professional guidance? Or those little tit bits that the professors tell us but none other than the toppers pay attention to? Please share with us.
6. When we attend lectures we hear the professors' point of view of those aspects which are important
and we might miss them.
7.How vital is the Question bank during exams? Does it come highly recommended or you advice thorough reading of the text and having confound knowledge of the subject?
7. Question bank should be referred to only 15 days before exams. A thorough knowledge of the text is
8.How do you propose the students study and what kind of discipline should be followed during exam time?
8. During exams I only studied the highlighted points and the notes I had prepared. I tried to cover as
many topics that I could before exams.
9.Could you give some important pointers on Exam writing skills? And also how should one prepare for a practical exam?
9. For anatomy diagrams are a must. For practicals stress on the clinically important topics
10.So, do you have any parting thoughts? Like disclosing that secret mantra that you chanted or that special brand of energy drink you savoured? Just .seriously though..anything at all?
10. The name of my savoured energy drink is HARDWORK. That's the only thing that carries you through.