1.Congratulations on achieving such an amazing feat. Tell us a bit about yourself. Please also tell us your individual marks in each subject.
1) Myself Kuldeep Kapdi
RCSM GMC Kolhapur 2015 batch
2.So, when all of this is new and the rest of us are still busy figuring the head and tail of the subject, how did you tackle and master the syllabus?
2) I started studying way too early. (3rd day of the college). I was too scared actually after knowing the syllabus.
3.Did you have a set schedule, a time table that you stuck to? What were the daily hours that you put in self study ?
3) Schedule..umm not actually. I tried reading what was taught the same day. Even the study time wasn’t fix. But yeah I did switch from sleeping at 12 to sleeping at 3am
4.Did you have a different methodology of tackling the subjects? Any special notes that you prepared?
4) I tried making notes but could make only for HNF anatomy. (And i hardly referred to them). Everyone has a different style.
5.Do you have any special pointers for specific subjects? The do’s and don’ts of it?
5) Not Actually. But yeah as an advice start physiology and anatomy first since it’s vast. Biochemistry is comparatively easy.
6.Was there any help that you acquired while exam preparation? Like any visual aids any professional guidance? Or those little tit bits that the professors tell us but none other than the toppers pay attention to? Please share with us.
6) There are amazing lectures by Dr. Najeeb and many more(which I never watched, at least in the 1st year). Even the seniors help a bit.
7.How vital is the Question bank during exams? Does it come highly recommended or you advice thorough reading of the text and having confound knowledge of the subject?
7) I never referred to the Question Bank. But yeah what we are taught is mostly exam orientated. The Question Bank thus comes in handy. But it’s always good to study the entire topic or at least try.
8.How do you propose the students study and what kind of discipline should be followed during exam time?
8) Don’t try hard. Stay cool. Grades don’t measure intelligence, but study at least 2-3 hours a day, you’ll definitely cross distinction.
9.Could you give some important pointers on Exam writing skills? And also how should one prepare for a practical exam?
9) For theory you need to be super fast, or else you might not be able to finish your paper. For Anatomy, diagrams are must, and try sticking to the Question. Rest is Easy.
10.Any special tricks and tacts for the students of your college who would be reading this?
10) I doubt they’ll be interested.
11.So, do you have any parting thoughts? Like disclosing that secret mantra that you chanted or that special brand of energy drink you savoured? Just kidding. Seriously though, anything at all?
11) Tea Tea Tea. 5 cups and you’ll be awake the entire night. Just kidding?
INTERVIEWER: Ananya Mathur