- Congratulations on achieving such an amazing feat. Tell us a bit about yourself. Please also tell us your individual marks in each subject.
Anat – 163
Physio – 160
Biochem – 160
- So, when all of this is new and the rest of us are still busy figuring the head and tail of the subject, how did you tackle and master the syllabus?
I haven’t mastered any subject
Also throughout the year I also ws figuring how to study.
But proper guidance from seniors always helps.
25/01/17, 9:26:49 PM: Jay: Physio – ganong
Anat – only bdc
Biochem – only satyanarayan
- Did you have a set schedule, a time table that you stuck to? What were the daily hours that you put in self study ?
During working days around 3-4hrs.
Not a set time table but writing down everyday goals helps.
- Did you have a different methodology of tackling the subjects? Any special notes that you prepared?
25/01/17, 9:27:38 PM: Jay: Tried to pay attention to whtever was taught in lectures and practicals as it is of great help in all the subjects.
Otherwise making notes from guyton helps.
- Do you have any special pointers for specific subjects? The do’s and don’ts of it?
26/01/17, 9:21:27 AM: Jay: Anat – bdc + any good atleast helps in visual memory
Biochem – writing and revising again and again
26/01/17, 9:21:56 AM: Jay: Bj notes towards the very end for university exams.
26/01/17, 9:23:06 AM: Jay: Not giving enough time to biochem initially.
Not paying 100%attention in each and every lecture.
Taking dissection lightly.
Not discussing with someone.
26/01/17, 9:23:57 AM: Jay: 2005 onwards.
26/01/17, 9:24:14 AM: Jay: Both
26/01/17, 9:24:28 AM: Jay: Not coaching but college ke previous papers.
26/01/17, 9:25:01 AM: Jay: Most universities questions are limited so referring to previous years surely helps.
26/01/17, 9:26:11 AM: Jay: But then I didn’t study throughout the year for only the university exams
For good knowledge of each subject u need to read everything thoroughly.
Also considering PG in mind u cant take short cuts.
26/01/17, 9:27:30 AM: Jay: Good handwriting
Anat – majorly diagrams
Physio – flow charts
Biochem – cycles reactions with all enzymes coenzymes
Apart from that right to the point
Clinical corelation after every answer
Don’t bluff if u dont know