1. Congratulations on achieving such an amazing feat. Tell us a bit about yourself. Please also tell us
your individual marks in each subject.
A: Well you know my name already…2/1 MBBS Student at BJGMC. I am from Pune itself.I was the
state topper in MHCET 2015
I got 502/600 in 1st year
2. So, when all of this is new and the rest of us are still busy figuring the head and tail of the subject,
how did you tackle and master the syllabus?
A: took help from teachers and of course seniors-what to study and what not to
3. Did you have a set schedule, a time table that you stuck to? What were the daily hours that you
put in self study ?
A: I made a routine to study for about 4-5 hrs a day and study anatomy almost everyday.At following
timetable ,I was not very particular
4. Did you have a different methodology of tackling the subjects? Any special notes that you
A: Not really , I just used to highlight the important points and revise them again and again
5. Do you have any special pointers for specific subjects? The dos and donts of it?
A: Reading and revising is the only way, no shortcuts. The important chapters need to be done first
then the less imp ones
6. Was there any help that you acquired while exam preparation? Like any visual aids any
professional guidance? Or those little tit bits that the professors tell us but none other than the
toppers pay attention to? Please share with us.
A: Do attend classes always , they do help you a lot understanding .Also dissection helps you have a
visual image of the structures
7. How vital is the Question bank during exams? Does it come highly recommended or you advice
thorough reading of the text and having confound knowledge of the subject?
A: Of course thorough reading is important.If your concepts are not clear, you will mess up
everything.Important question may help you revise a day before exams
8. How do you propose the students study and what kind of discipline should be followed during
A: Read for knowledge not just for exams.Keep calm and dont panic , you will remember things
9. Could you give some important pointers on Exam writing skills? And also how should one prepare
for a practical exam?
A: For anatomy -diagrams are a must with proper colour codes
Biochem – Biochemical cycles
For physiology- try to draw flowcharts
For practicals- be well dressed and calm.You will enjoy your viva if your concepts are clear
10. Any special tricks and tacts for the students of your college who would be reading this?
A: There are no tricks for success, especially in MBBS. Work hard and success will be yours!
11. So, do you have any parting thoughts? Like disclosing that secret mantra that you chanted or
that special brand of energy drink you savoured? Just kidding. Seriously though, anything at all?
A: Well the energy is motivation what you get from yours teachers and parents, that encourges to do